Family Engagement Lab is in the news! Read press announcements, news, and recent articles featuring Family Engagement Lab.
FutureEd: The Case for Closer School-Home Connections Post-Pandemic
July 12, 2021
Family Engagement Lab is one of the featured technology nonprofits in an article by FutureEd, an independent, solution-oriented think tank at Georgetown University's McCourt School of Public Policy. This article highlights that engaging families effectively and equitably in their children’s learning is no small feat, especially when teachers and parents are already stretched thin. To connect with families, teachers must cross language barriers, navigate cultural differences, and adapt to families’ diverse needs.
Click here to read the full article.
- Family Engagement Lab was featured in an essay and video supplementing the new report from the Carnegie Corporation of New York on Family Engagement: Embracing a New Normal: Toward a More Liberatory Approach to Family Engagement by Karen L. Mapp and Eyal Bergman.
- Kelsey Knox joins Family Engagement Lab's Board of Directors. Click here to read more about Kelsey’s experience or see the full announcement.
- Family Engagement Lab's Chief Impact Officer and Co-Founder Elisabeth O'Bryon penned an article for the Greater Good Magazine on how technology can support meaningful family engagement and promote literacy development, prosociality, and equity.
- FASTalk's impact in Oakland highlighted in Great School Voices
- Press Release: FASTalk bridges language gap between parents and teachers during pandemic (Spanish version)
- Press Release: Study Shows FASTalk Meaningfully Advances Academic Achievement, Significant
Literacy Gains Observed
- Press Release: Free Early Childhood At-Home School Readiness Program to Assist New Orleans Area Families with School Success
- Press Release: FASTalk Offers Summer Learning Tool to Extend Learning Time
- Co-Founders Vidya Sundaram and Elisabeth O’Bryon were featured as Inspirational Women in STEM and Tech by Authority Magazine
- Co-Founder Elisabeth O'Bryon shares six strategies for supporting students and families, no matter what language they speak, in her article "Keeping the Family Close," featured in the February issue of Language Magazine (pages 24-27)
- Oakland Teacher uses FASTalk to Engage Parents in Student Learning (Tech & Learning)
- FASTalk Featured as a Top Digital Learning Strategy by Teacher in Oakland, CA (eSchool News)
- Family Engagement Lab Launches Learning Series for Educators (District Administration, THE EDVOCATE)
- Family Engagement Lab Founders Featured in Fordham's Wonk-A-Thon
- Family Engagement Lab team highlighted as part of the Oakland Literacy Coalition Member Network
- J-PAL North America Announces Inaugural Partners for Education, Technology, Opportunity and Innovation Competition (MIT News)
- Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley announces Greater Good Parenting grantees (Greater Good Science Center)